Dear members and friends of the International Forum for Business Communication,
Not a day goes by without a Twitter storm fuelled by US President Donald Trump. Meanwhile, Europe is still puzzling about whether Brexit will actually happen. Against this backdrop of uncertainty, what is real and what is fake news? Who can we trust as we navigate the seas of (mis)information?
In view of Austria’s imminent EU Presidency, during which the Brexit negotiations are expected to enter their critical phase, we are delighted to welcome one of the UK’s top business campaigners Michael Hayman MBE, the entrepreneur, author and broadcaster.
Michael co-created StartUp Britain, the national campaign for early stage enterprise, launched by then Prime Minister David Cameron and supported by the UK government. He co-founded the campaigns firm Seven Hills recognised by the Holmes Report as ‘Best Corporate Consultancy In The World’. He co-authored Penguin best seller Mission: how the best in business break through and hosts the business TV show Capital Conversation.
„Brexit, Trump and Fake News“
Monday 12 February 2017, 6.30 pm (admission at 6 pm)
- 30 pm: short welcome and introduction
- 40 pm: keynote by Michael Hayman, author, broadcaster and co-founder of communications consultancy Seven Hills
- as of 7.00 pm: Panel discussion, moderated by Kerry Skyring, international journalist and radio presenter at FM4.
- Panel members:
- Ingrid Brodnig, expert in digital media, columnist for “profil” magazine and author of the book Lügen im Netz. Wie Fake News, Populisten und unkontrollierte Technik uns manipulieren
- Katharina Schell, member of the editorial board of APA (Austria Press Agency) and editor in the APA media lab
- Sandra Kolleth, General Manager XEROX Austria and president of the American Chamber of Commerce Austria
- Michael Hayman
- Get together with snacks and drinks
Note: The entire event will take place in English.
Furthermore, due to safety regulations registration is strictly required. Please let us know if you wish to participate by sending an e-mail to email@example.com not later than on February 2.
As part of the registration confirmation, the venue will be communicated.